Train the Trainer Course
Detection Dog Trainer Course:
K-9 Specialized Training and Consulting (K9STAC), Dave Dorn is conducting a four (4) week Detection Dog Trainers Course, here in California. (Many may have seen Dave at the K9 Seminars or read some of his articles in Law Enforcement K-9 Magazines, see his info on the homepage of this website in the ABOUT DAVID DORN section).
The Trainers Course is structured toward the departmental trainer or professional trainer responsible for initial and on-going maintenance training of the dog teams at their agencies. Focus will be on utilizing methods to assist trainers in educating their K-9 Teams to reach a common and efficient goal. In this course it is “you – the trainer” performing the training under K9STAC guidance. Trainers will be walked through every aspect of Detection Dog Training methods from initial selection, preliminary shaping, to the detection dog final response.
Cost of the Trainers Course $5,000
Training can be held at either our location or yours.
WE COME TO YOU!
K9STAC Training Facility:
K9STAC (K-9 Specialized Training & Consulting) Building:
1315 (B) Main St.
Oakley, CA. 94561
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT
HOTEL (if needed):
Comfort Suites, Oakley, Ca.
1-925-642-4576 Business Line
5549 Bridgehead Road, Oakley
- Each Trainer will be allowed to bring two K-9’s for Training
- K-9’s must have healthy and pass a (detection dog) selection test
- Each segment of the methods will be explained and experienced in detail with the trainer trainees performing the training responsibilities.
- Note: This is not necessarily a Handler Instructor Course, but a Canine Trainers Course
- Review of Basic K-9 Training Theory, Methods and Techniques
- Review of Advanced K-9 Training Theory, Methods and Techniques
- Initial Selection Theory, Methods and Techniques of the Detection Dog
- K-9 Training Problem Solving
- K-9 Behavior and Learning
- K-9 Initial Odor Recognition & Search (including Building, Vehicles,
Luggage/Parcel and Open Areas)